||Marketing Assistant (Maternity Cover)
|Location:||Willenhall, Longacres Industrial Estate, Rose Hill, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2JP|
|Department:||Marketing & Merchandising|
|Hours:||40 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Mon-Fri 8:30 to 17:00|
|Benefits:||Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
|Closing date:||September 29, 2019|
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
You will be expected to ensure the smooth delivery of marketing outputs within A.F. Blakemore, equipping our partners with the appropriate content and tools to improve customer loyalty, drive footfall and increase basket spend and support marketing activity across our Wholesale Division.
- To support the activation of the group Selling Plan, specifically across our Independent Spar estate
- To provide local store support for new store openings and store refreshes, liaising with all key media stakeholders including digital, on-line, local and national press, leaflet agencies, ’out of home’ and radio.
- Creation and development of artwork, briefings and liaising with creative teams.
- Be a point of contact for Shop Window, Digital Adverts and Promo implementation meetings.
- Create, develop and manage leaflet distributions
- Keep abreast of competitor promotional activity especially in leaflets, websites, and in-store Point of Sale
- Create, develop, order and distribute for checking all Marketing led Wholesale Point of Sale and Brochures
- Responsible for the Point of Sale Portal for the Marketing Group.
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders within Blakemore Trade Partners, Blakemore Creative Print, Blakemore Retail and Wholesale
- Manage SPAR Brand and liaise with trading from a marketing perspective for effective GTM
- Keep the Internet updated with all promotion information
- May be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes
|Skills and experience:
Skills / Experience:
- Previous relevant experience in administration for a marketing team is essential
- Working understanding and knowledge of Print Media essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail
- Worked In-house with a ‘Media’ title or worked in a similar client/agency side role
- Demonstrable media relationships experience would be advantageous
- Competence in customer relationship management and website/database management preferable
- Ability to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
We are looking for people who are:
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Challenges appropriately and identifies areas for improvement
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles
- Shows a commitment to ongoing personal development and training, always striving to improve
- Extremely self-motivated and driven