||Group Technical Manager (Food Safety)
|Location:||Willenhall, Longacres Industrial Estate, Rose Hill, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2JP|
|Hours:||Full Time (flexible)|
|Benefits:||Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Company Vehicle commensurate with job role|
||Very Competitive, plus Bupa, Car/allowance and full benefits package|
|Closing date:||September 27, 2019|
We have an exciting opportunity for a Group Technical Manager (Food Safety) who will work closely with the business reporting directly in to the Managing Director. The key purpose of this role is to design, develop, implement and monitor the AFB group food safety and technical management policies, protocols and procedures to ensure compliance to legislative, company and customer requirements working closely with a multidiscipline food safety and technical team.
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned business in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
Willenhall based with UK travel.
- Responsibility for planning and delegation of tasks to team members to achieve objectives / requirements.
- Company technical representative for the business at group, regulatory, customer and supplier meetings including provision of department KPI compliance.
- Business advisor in relation to food safety challenges and issues with responsibility for design and effective implementation of crisis management / product recall procedures. Responsible for timely reporting of issues for action to key stakeholders.
- Overall responsibility for assessment of supplier compliance to business and customer requirements, decisions for eligibility of suppliers to supply, implementation and management of food safety and technical databases such as supplier approval, specification, labelling control.
- Ensuring compliance of depots, manufacturing and retail operations to defined food safety and technical policies, protocols and relevant certifications via design and implementation of robust audit programmes.
|Skills and experience:
- Minimum relevant third level qualification in food related discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in food safety and technical management roles encompassing manufacturing, distribution and retail systems management.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of food safety regulation both current and upcoming.
- Must have a detailed knowledge of certification standards: Food manufacturing, Storage & Distribution / Wholesaling e.g. BRC / IFS / FSSC22000.
- Desirable to be internal auditor and lead auditor trained.
- Must have ability to effectively manage and lead multidiscipline team
- Must have ability to oversee effective execution of policies and have aptitude for problem solving with informed decision making.
- High level of computer literacy and knowledge of appropriate food safety and technical database management required.
- Excellent communications skills necessary.
- May be required to stay away from home occasionally
|Terms and conditions: