||Greggs at SPAR - Bakery Supervisor
|Location:||THURCROFT, 67 GREEN ARBOUR ROAD, THURCROFT, ROTHERHAM, South Yorkshire, S66 9DD|
|Department:||Retail SPAR Jobs (inc Greggs/Subway) Supervisor|
|Hours:||16 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Various shifts to meet needs of business, incl. early mornings, evenings and weekends|
|Benefits:||Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Health Cash Plan, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
||Dependent on age|
|Closing date:||October 30, 2019|
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 280 SPAR stores and serving over 1000 in total across England and Wales.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
- To assist in maximising sales and profit by contributing to the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- To be fully aware of KRA’s and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- To contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- To assist in monitoring competitor activity
- To assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- To assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- To assist in ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
- Assists with the training and holding colleagues accountable for delivering exceptional customer service.
- Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates as appropriate.
- Assists with providing coaching and direction to the team members to take action and to achieve operational goals.
- Utilises existing tools to identify and prioritize communications, and regularly uses discretion to filter communications to the team.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, accurately and professionally at all times.
- Uses all operational tools to achieve operational excellence in the store.
- Ensures adherence to Greggs compliance standards, with particular focus on those standards relating to food safety.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the community
|Skills and experience:
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to assist with managing those responsibilities
- Ability to contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward