||SPAR Sales Assistant
|Location:||BETTWS, Bettws Shopping Centre, Bettws, Newport, Gwent, NP20 7TN|
|Department:||Retail SPAR Jobs (inc Greggs/Subway) Sales Assistant|
|Hours:||15 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Sun 2pm-10pm and Fri 10am-5pm. |
|Benefits:||Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Health Cash Plan, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
||Dependent on age|
|Closing date:||September 18, 2019|
We have an exciting opportunity for a Spar Sales Assistant who likes to have fun working with a team and is passionate about offering excellent service and standards to our customers.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and enjoys working in retail.
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned business in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR stores and employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
Blakemore Retail, which is the retail division of AF Blakemore, has almost 5,500 employees and 280 SPAR stores located across England and Wales, Blakemore Retail is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK.
- To assist in maximising sales and profit by carrying out allocated tasks in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of the store and staff and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors
- To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- To contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- To use relevant processes and policies to ensure the security of people, stock and cash
- Report all customer complaints to manager on duty
- To comply with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction period and training
Key Job Info:
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
|Skills and experience:
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy)
- NVQ Level 2-3 in Retail Skills, Customer Care or similar is preferred but not essential
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) is desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role and/or industry is preferred
- Reliably follows instructions and procedures
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skills to assist with those responsibilities
- Ability to contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy desirable
- Keen and enthusiastic approach to working both in a team and independently
- Previous cash handling experience is preferred but not essential