|Location:||Fresh Foods Hilton Cross, West Midlands, Unit 5 Hilton Cross Business Park, Cannock Road, Featherstone, South Staffordshire, WV10 7QZ|
|Hours:||40 hours per week|
|Shift pattern:||Various shift patterns between 5:00–13:00|
|Benefits:||Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
|Closing date:||September 29, 2019|
We have an exciting opportunity for a Butcher to work as part of the team at Hilton Cross accurately receiving, processing and assembling meat products to customer requirements.
We are looking for someone who has good knowledge and experience of working with meat products. Previous demonstrable experience of compliance with relevant practice and regulations/legalities in relation to meat including Health & Safety, temperature controls and HACCP is essential.
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned business in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
- The accurate checking and recording of all goods received and the immediate transfer to the correct temperature controlled storage area
- Checking all products for quality
- Ensuring all critical control points are monitored in accordance with the company HACCP plan
- Adhering to stock rotational procedures at all times
- The accurate cutting, packing and labelling of all products
- The accurate assembly of customers’ orders
- Ensuring that all approved methods and systems with regard to food handling / hygiene are adhered to within the department, in order to prevent contamination / spoilage of product
- Control of unauthorised personnel within the department
- Maintaining the highest levels of both general and personal cleanliness
|Skills and experience:
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy) is essential
- Food Hygiene Certification is preferred
- Health and Safety qualification is preferred
- Awareness of BRC standards and audit requirements and a commitment to self-development to ensure compliance essential
- Previous experience within a similar role/environment is essential
- Knowledge of meat products and the industry is essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships, influence, negotiate and persuade
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Demonstrable presentation skills are a must
Behaviour / Attitude
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Challenges appropriately and identifies areas for improvement
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles