||SPAR Store Supervisor
|Location:||BASSINGBOURN, 41 HIGH STREET, BASSINGBOURN, NR ROYSTON, HERTFORDSHIRE, SG8 5LD|
|Department:||Retail SPAR Jobs (inc Greggs/Subway) Supervisor|
|Hours:||25 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Various to meet needs of business, incl. mornings, days, evenings and weekends. Flexible hours available. |
|Benefits:||Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Health Cash Plan, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
|Closing date:||September 23, 2019|
We have an exciting opportunity for a Spar Supervisor who likes to have fun working with a team and is passionate about offering excellent service and standards to our customers.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and enjoys working in retail.
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned business in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR stores and employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
Blakemore Retail, which is the retail division of AF Blakemore, has almost 5,500 employees and 280 SPAR stores located across England and Wales, Blakemore Retail is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK.
- To assist in maximising sales and profit by contributing to the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service and customers, colleagues and visitors.
- To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- To be fully aware of Key Result Areas and assist in working to deliver and improve them
- To contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- To assist in monitoring competitor activity
- To assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- To assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- To assist in ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
|Skills and experience:
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy)
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification
- NVQ Level 2-3 in Retail Skills, Customer Care (or similar) is desirable
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to assist with managing those responsibilities
- Ability to contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- Previous experience in a food retail environment (or similar) is preferred
- Some experience of team and business development is desirable
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy is desirable
- Previous cash handling experience is preferred
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams is essential