||SPAR Assistant Store Manager
|Department:||Retail - SPAR Store Management (inc foodservice)|
|Hours:||40 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Various shifts to meet needs of business, incl. early mornings, days, evenings and weekends|
|Benefits:||Bonus Scheme potential of up to £2,600pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
||c£17,500.00 per annum|
|Closing date:||October 6, 2019|
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Store Manager who is passionate about their store offering excellent service and standards to our customers.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and very excited about supporting the Store Manager to lead and develop their team whilst delivering great KPI results.
The key purpose of this role is to work closely with the Store Manager in order to maximise sales and profit through the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- To be fully aware of KRA’s and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- To generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- To assist in monitoring competitor activity
- To assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- To assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
- Assist with the control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes
|Skills and experience:
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualificationPrevious experience at a supervisory or managerial level in a food retail environment (or similar) essential
- Ability to ensure scheduled training and development delivered to required standard is essential
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to work to deliver and improve them essential
- Basic knowledge of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to manage those responsibilities essential
- Ability to generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- Previous budget responsibility is preferred
- A proven track record of team and business development is desirable
Behaviour / Attitude
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Ability to deal with conflict in an effective and professional manner
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles
- Flexible approach to working hours
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns over 280 stores and employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
|Terms and conditions: