||SPAR Area Manager
|Location:||North Wales & Anglesey|
|Department:||Retail Field/HO Management|
|Hours:||40 hours per week plus overtime where necessary|
|Shift pattern:||Various hours to meet the business needs|
|Benefits:||Bonus Scheme, Company Car, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Training & Development Opportunities|
||circa £37,000 pa plus opportunity to earn Area and Divisional bonus|
|Closing date:||August 27, 2019|
We have an exciting opportunity for an Area Manager who is passionate about their stores offering excellent service and standards to our customers. We are looking for someone who is motivated, driven, hands-on and very excited about supporting, leading and developing their team whilst delivering great KPI results.
The key purpose of this role is to develop retail businesses in order to maximise sales and profit through the continuous improvement of people and processes, to manage and control costs and leakage and ensure the provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned business in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
Blakemore Retail, which is the retail division of AF Blakemore, has almost 5,500 employees and 280 SPAR stores located across England and Wales, Blakemore Retail is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK.
- Overseeing store operations including sales, stock control, health and safety and security.Recruiting and managing each individual store manager to enable them to deliver high store performance and development of their teams.
- Ensuring customer service is delivered in line with our “Excellence” standards
- To be fully aware of KRA’s and use available management information to work to deliver and improve them.
- To have in place or be working towards a business plan to continually develop stores and their teams
- Generating, proposing and delivering ideas for driving the stores, sales and their teams forward
- Monitoring competitor activity and propose and/or deliver appropriate responses
- Developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- To have in place or be working toward succession plans for the stores under their control
- Ensuring training is monitored and delivered as scheduled
- To ensure compliance and monitoring of relevant areas of policy, legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
|Skills and experience:
- A Passion for retail with strong customer service values
- A passion for developing a team and individual talent
- High standard of numeracy and literacy is essential
- Full UK driving licence is essential
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) – must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification
- Previous experience at a managerial level in a food retail environment (or similar) is essential
- Ability to analyse business reports and financial information and work proactively to maximise profitability essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- A good working knowledge of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of the retail environment and the skill to manage those responsibilities essential
- Ability to produce accurate work whilst working within agreed timescales
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams
- Proven experience of managing budgets is desirable
- Ability to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Proven track record of team and business development is preferred
- Experience in a multi-site role would be preferred
- Ability to generate ideas for driving the business and its team forward
- Strong organisational and planning skills
|Terms and conditions: