||SPAR Trainee Store Manager
|Location:||HOLMEWOOD, Chesterfield Road, Holmewood, Chesterfield, S42 5TE|
|Department:||SPAR Trainee Store Manager|
|Hours:||40 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Various shifts on a rota basis|
|Benefits:||Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
|Closing date:||September 29, 2019|
We have an exciting opportunity for you, if you are hard working and ambitious and want to train to be the manager of a SPAR convenience store.
We are looking for a Trainee SPAR Store Manager who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and very excited about being an important part of a small team, learning whilst working to ensure our SPAR store offers excellent service and standards to our customers.
We can offer you the training and development you need, you must be prepared to undertake a Level 3 Retail Apprecticeship or equivalent with us.
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Stores and employs more than 7,800 people accross the group with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
- To assist in maximising sales and profit by contributing to the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- To be fully aware of KRA’s and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- To generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- To assist in monitoring competitor activity
- To assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- To assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
|Skills and experience:
- Good standard of (numeracy and literacy) essential
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification
- NVQ level 2-3 in retail skills, customer care (or similar) preffered but not essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Previous junior supervisory experience in a food retail environment (or similar)
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to assist in working to deliver and improve them
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment
- Some experience of team development and business development
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Ability to contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy
- Previous cash handling experience
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience in managing costs and resources