||Class C Driver with Free Class C License Training Programme
|Location:||Willenhall, Longacres Industrial Estate, Rose Hill, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2JP|
|Department:||Logistics, Distribution & Warehouse|
|Hours:||40 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Monday to Saturday on Rota Basis (5 out of 6 days) inc nights out.|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Savings Scheme|
|Closing date:||August 15, 2019|
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK, currently employing more than 7,700 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
Our modern delivery fleet serves more than 1,000 Spar retail stores across England and Wales, with grocery, chilled and frozen deliveries six days per week.
If you have a clean driving license and have held the license for 2 years, Blakemore Logistics can offer you the opportunity to gain a fully funded Class C license and become a permanent Class C Driver.
If you are looking for interesting and varied work, interacting with Spar Retailers and doing multi-drop deliveries, preferably with some delivery driving experience, then we are keen to talk to you.
You will be required to work 5 days out of 6 (Monday – Saturday) which will include some nights out.
- Accurate and efficient delivery of customers’ orders in accordance with company procedures and standards. The planning and control of customer deliveries as required.
- Ensuring that all vehicles driven comply with traffic regulations currently in force
- Adhering to current regulations regarding the number of hours worked and the use of tachographs
- Prompt reporting of refrigeration engine defects to management
- Prompt reporting of all accidents to the company and accidents reportable by law to the police
- Accurate and safe delivery of customers’ orders in accordance with delivery schedules
- Obtaining authorisation to return goods and the accurate checking / collecting of goods to be returned
- Promptly notifying the company of any delays which will affect the completion of the day’s work
- Establishing a friendly and courteous relationship with customers and dealing effectively with queries
Key Job Info:
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
- Role could involve heavy lifting, exposure to temperature extremes and prolonged standing
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes
|Skills and experience:
Education / Qualifications / Licences
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy) is essential
- clean driving license and have held the license for 2 years
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience
- Demonstrable experience in operation of vehicle
- Ability to produce accurate work within agreed timescales
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to build good working relationships with colleagues and customers
Behaviour / Attitude
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds company values and principles
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Shows a commitment to ongoing personal development and training, always striving to improve