||Sales Development Executive - South Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire Area
|Location:||South Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire areas|
|Hours:||40 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||As dictated by the needs of the business|
|Benefits:||Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Company Vehicle commensurate with job role|
|Closing date:||July 21, 2019|
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, trade-partners, wholesale, distribution, foodservice, and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 298 SPAR stores and serving 950 in total across England and Wales. The company is also the largest member of the Landmark Wholesale (Cash & Carry) group and a significant supplier to the independent grocery sector across the UK.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
Underpinning everything that A.F. Blakemore does is the company’s values statement, the Blakemore Way. This highlights what A.F. Blakemore stands for and the way that the company has always done and will continue to do business.
- To support and develop the existing customer base whilst controlling the implementation of Trade Partner initiatives, and ensuring that retailers maintain the standard required by A.F Blakemore.
- Development of appropriate retail business plans, operational targets and budgets, in conjunction with the retailer
- Monitoring retailers’ level of adherence / loyalty towards recognised SPAR operating standards and facilitating improvement as required
- Monitoring retailer performance and facilitating improvement as required, in conjunction with the team
- The control of bad debt management within the business and liaising closely with head office with regard to issues identified
- Providing retailers with information and support regarding the implementation of new SPAR developments / initiatives
- Providing retailers with advice / sources of information reference general business issues and legislation (e.g. health and food safety, training, employment law, etc.)
- Developing good working relationships with individual retailers and their teams, without compromising the needs and expectations of the AFB Group
- Identification of issues that may affect the retailer’s ability to trade or pay AFB Group bills, and the reporting of these to head office
Key Job Info:
- Will be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes
- Could be required to stay away from home overnight or attend evening events on behalf of the business
- Will have access to company car as part of role and must ensure this is looked after in accordance with company policy
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes
|Skills and experience:
Education / Qualifications / Licences
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential
- High level of numeracy and literacy is essential
- Business Degree or equivalent is preferred but not essential
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience
- A good knowledge of Retail Operations is essential
- Excellent customer service skills are essential
- Retail Management experience preferred but not essential
- Basic knowledge of telesales, depot and transport processes is essential
- Ability to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail
Behaviour / Attitude
- A passion for Retail is essential
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Challenges appropriately and identifies areas for improvement
- Ability to deal with conflict in an effective and professional manner
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles
- Extremely self-motivated and driven