||Assistant Store Manager
|Location:||CAERGWRLE, 2 HIGH STREET CAERGWRLE, WREXHAM, CLWYD, LL12 9ET|
|Department:||Retail - SPAR Store Management (inc foodservice)|
|Hours:||40 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Flexible Shifts|
|Benefits:||Bonus Scheme potential of up to £2,600pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
|Closing date:||August 26, 2019|
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,700 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail (SPAR), trade-partners, wholesale distribution, foodservice, and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
- To assist in maximising sales and profit by contributing to the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- To be fully aware of KRA’s and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- To generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- To assist in monitoring competitor activity
- To assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- To assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
- Assist with the control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
Key Job Info:
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes
|Skills and experience:
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy)
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification
- Previous junior supervisory experience in a food retail environment (or similar)
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- Basic knowledge of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to assist with managing those responsibilities
- Ability to contribute ideas for driving the business and its team forward
- NVQ level 2-3 in retail skills, customer care (or similar)
- Some experience of team development
- Some experience of business development
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy
- Previous cash handling experience
- Experience in a customer facing role