||SPAR Assistant Store Manager
|Location:||LEEGOMERY, UNIT 1 LEEGOMERY CENTRE, POOL FARM AVENUE, LEEGOMERY TELFORD, Shropshire, TF1 6FQ|
|Department:||Retail - SPAR Store Management (inc foodservice)|
|Hours:||40 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Various shift patterns, incl: mornings, days, evenings and weekends|
|Benefits:||Bonus Scheme potential of up to £2,600pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
||£19,000.00 per annum|
|Closing date:||October 6, 2019|
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Store Manager who is passionate about their store offering excellent service and standards to our customers.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and very excited about supporting the Store Manager to lead and develop their team whilst delivering great KPI results.
The key purpose of this role is to work closely with the Store Manager in order to maximise sales and profit through the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned business in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR stores and employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
Blakemore Retail, which is the retail division of AF Blakemore, has almost 5,500 employees and 280 SPAR stores located across England and Wales, Blakemore Retail is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK.
- To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- To be fully aware of KRA’s and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- To generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- To assist in monitoring competitor activity
- To assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- To assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
|Skills and experience:
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualificationPrevious experience at a supervisory or managerial level in a food retail environment (or similar) essential
- Ability to ensure scheduled training and development delivered to required standard is essential
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to work to deliver and improve them essential
- Basic knowledge of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to manage those responsibilities essential
- Ability to generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- Previous budget responsibility is preferred
- A proven track record of team and business development is desirable
|Terms and conditions: