||Supply Chain Replenisher (Internal Candidates only)
|Location:||Food Service Jamesbridge, Steelmans Road, Jamesbridge, Darlaston, West Midlands, WS10 9UZ|
|Contract type:||Temp (This position is for internal Candidates only)|
|Hours:||39 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm|
|Benefits:||Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
|Closing date:||June 23, 2019|
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,700 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail (SPAR), trade-partners, wholesale, distribution, foodservice, and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
Underpinning everything that A.F. Blakemore does is the company’s values statement, the Blakemore Way. This highlights what A.F. Blakemore stands for and the way that the company has always done and will continue to do business.
- To ensure that the correct levels of stock are maintained and to provide support to the Procurement Manager, with a key focus on chilled lines
- Responsible for managing stock levels of products with varied seasonally driven sales
- Provide data analysis on a wide range of areas including products, suppliers, service level performance and availability
- Identifying excess stocks across the business in order to minimise levels of product wastage.
- Ensure maximum availability on all products in certain commodity groups
- Maintain the buying programs and product files
- Liaise with suppliers to provide forecasts for stock requirements, future promotions and seasonal activity
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure that optimum performance is achieved
- Work to stock holding targets at commodity group level
- Working closely with small suppliers to support them where needed to ensure that a high service level is achieved sustainably for both parties
Key Job Info:
- Could be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes
|Skills and experience:
Education / Qualifications / Licences
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience
- Procurement experience would be desirable
- Keen and enthusiastic approach to working both in a team and independently
- Ability to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Reliably follows instructions and procedures
Behaviour / Attitude
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Positive attitude and flexibility in covering other roles in the department
- Extremely self-motivated and driven
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles
- Shows a commitment to ongoing personal development and training, always striving to improve
This position is for Internal Candidates only and maternity cover until March 2020.