||Graduate Data Analyst
|Location:||Food Service Jamesbridge, Steelmans Road, Jamesbridge, Darlaston, West Midlands, WS10 9UZ|
|Department:||Apprenticeships & Graduates|
|Hours:||40 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. |
|Benefits:||Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
|Closing date:||June 16, 2019|
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, trade-partners, wholesale distribution, foodservice, and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
Underpinning everything that A.F. Blakemore does is the company’s values statement, the Blakemore Way. This highlights what A.F. Blakemore stands for and the way that the company has always done and will continue to do business.
- Assisting the Commercial team in particular Pricing & Margin Manager and Trading in developing and maintaining a suite of reports that will assist in managing the profitability of the division.
- Interpret Data, analyse results using statistical techniques & provide ongoing reports for the Trading department & senior managers within the Business
- To support the Trading Team and Pricing Manager on ad-hoc pricing and insight requests.
- The investigation of rebate queries and the subsequent management of amendments and review of process
- To analyse customer sales and promotion performance by using Business Objects and other relevant software.
- To carry out analysis of competitor activity.
- To challenge and scrutinise data, making insight recommendations where applicable.
Key Job Info:
- Based in Darlaston, Wednesbury
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times.
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity.
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes.
|Skills and experience:
Education / Qualifications / Licences
- Numerate Degree or equivalent
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience
- Strong administrative and organisational skills is essential
- Experience with SAP Business Objects is desired but not essential
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret information
- Ability to work with complex spreadsheets using macro’s, formulas and links
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
Behaviour / Attitude
- Inquisitive, proactive, enthusiastic & committed
- Good team player, able to form relationships and influence others to action
- Able to present information in user-friendly and attractive ways
- Good problem solver, determined, always looking for new ways of working to improve output
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure when required
- Questions the data to look for the “why? And the why not?”