||Post Office Manager (Temporary)
|Location:||TICKHILL, 1-2 MARKET PLACE, TICKHILL, DONCASTER, South Yorkshire, DN11 9HT|
|Department:||Retail - POST OFFICE|
|Hours:||35 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Monday to Saturday on Rota Basis|
|Benefits:||Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
|Closing date:||June 2, 2019|
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 280 SPAR stores and serving over 1000 in total across England and Wales.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
- To maximise sales and profit through the continuous improvement of the offices and staff, control of costs and losses and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- To deliver customer service in line with POL Agency Minimum Service standards
- To be fully aware of KRA’s and work to deliver and improve them.
- To generate ideas for driving the office and it’s team forward
- To develop a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- Staff recruitment, planning and training
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- To ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and health and safety responsibilities as defined in the induction manual
- To use relevant processes to deliver the company’s sales strategy.
- The control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes
|Skills and experience:
Education / Qualifications / Licences
- Good standard of (numeracy and literacy) is essential
- NVQ level 3 in management and/or customer service is desirable
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience
- Previous experience at a supervisory or managerial level in a financial service, customer facing role is essential
- Ability to ensure scheduled training and development is delivered to required standard
- An understanding of budgets and targets and the ability to work to deliver and improve them
- Ability to generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- Basic knowledge of health and safety and legislative responsibilities of a financial services / retail environment and the skill to manage those responsibilities
- Previous budget responsibility preferred
- Proven track record of team and business development
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
Behaviour / Attitude
Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles
Ability to deal with conflict in an effective and professional manner
Flexible approach to working hours
This vacancy is for internal candidates only.