Customer Experience Director
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward-thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter service grocery store and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover in excess of £1.1 billion.
Position: Customer Experience Director
Location: Willenhall, West Midlands with travel
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £Competitive, plus full benefits package
About the role:
As a key member of the leadership team, the Customer Experience Director will play a pivotal role in shaping and delivering the customer experience strategy across all channels. They will possess strong leadership skills that will allow them to align the customer service and experience teams for intelligent service and market delivery across all divisions of the company.
- Define and develop a customer experience strategy that is closely aligned to the business strategy, delivering comprehensive plans to enhance the customer experience across the company
- Review current customer service functions and make recommendations on the ‘to be’ structure considering the voice of the customer and the role of technology to improve accessibility / ease of doing business
- Review and develop customer journey mapping to create the end-to-end customer experience that considers the customer at every touchpoint
- Identify customer personas and how class leading customer experience is delivered against each of their requirements.
- Assess how to best move the customer experience vision through the organization with the goal of enabling the best possible implementation and removing barriers to that implementation
- Create and lead a team that supports 24/7 contacts and delivers key Service Level Agreements across all channels
- Implement and monitor customer satisfaction targets and return on investment measures
- Support the leadership team by working closely with the all areas of the business to ensure the pricing, promotional activity and payment pathways provide the best customer experience
- Developing a cultural customer experience programme aligned to our culture and values
- Continually builds the companies awareness of customer expectations in the market
- Work with marketing, ecommerce and sales to look at ways to recover sales from missed opportunities
You will have strong team leadership skills, with the ability to engage and empower high performing teams.
A creative thinker capable of developing innovative solutions for the unique A.F. Blakemore business and our trade partners. Generates solutions that are distinctive and can derive commercial advantage. Seeks out best practices and shares these for the common benefit.
It is likely that the successful individual will have had a minimum of seven years’ experience of developing retail propositions within FMCG, on the supplier or retailer side, or related industries.
You may have experience of the following: Customer Experience Director, Customer Experience Manager, Head of Customer Experience, Director of Customer Experience, Customer Service Director, Customer Service Manager, Head of Customer Service, Director of Customer Service, Operations Manager, Operations Director, Project Manager, Programme Manager, Director of Operations, etc.