||Assistant Store Manager (Shrewsbury Area)
|Department:||Retail - SPAR Store Management (inc foodservice)|
|Hours:||40 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Various shift patterns, incl: mornings, days, evenings and weekends|
|Benefits:||Bonus Scheme potential of up to £2,600pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
|Closing date:||June 3, 2019|
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 280 SPAR stores and serving over 1000 in total across England and Wales.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
To assist in maximising sales and profit by contributing to the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
To be fully aware of KRA’s and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
To generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
To assist in monitoring competitor activity
To assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
To assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled
To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
To ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
Assist with the control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets
Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
Key Job Info:
Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity
Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes
|Skills and experience:
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy)
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification
- Previous junior supervisory experience in a food retail environment (or similar)
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- Basic knowledge of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to assist with managing those responsibilities
- Ability to contribute ideas for driving the business and its team forward
- NVQ level 2-3 in retail skills, customer care (or similar)
- Some experience of team development
- Some experience of business development
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy
- Previous cash handling experience
- Experience in a customer facing role