The Blakemore Logistics Warehouse & Distribution Apprenticeship Programme is geared around bringing people into the business that not only see a short term objective of seeking a job, but also see themselves as being able to contribute to the on-going success of A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd.
The apprenticeship programme is there to reward people that see Blakemore Logistics as a career opportunity, not just another job, so if you invest in this scheme, the company will in turn invest in you and your future and has the potential to lead into to career paying over £30,000 per year.
You will be working for a national company that still hasn’t forgotten its family roots. A.F. Blakemore will support you to become the best you can be within the organisation and reward you along the way. You will be able to work towards increasing your skills, increasing your earning potential and working in a varied and expansive company that offers no shortage of opportunities to those who wish to succeed.
During the Blakemore Logistics Apprenticeship Programme you will hit set milestones that ensure you are given development points to work towards. These milestones will not only serve to develop your skills and role scope, but they will also serve to enhance your experience of the programme and give you a greater understanding of the varying roles within the overall business.
The key steps:
- 2 weeks - Full induction with on-the-job training
- 12 weeks - Initial role in Warehouse Assembly
- 3 months - Progress into loading after three-months
- 6 months - Providing you are still on track you can then expect a pay increase
- 9 months - Opportunity for fork-lift truck training
- 12 months – Expected to achieve full apprenticeship in Warehouse & Storage Level 2
- 2-years – Opportunity to attend Warehouse & Distribution Warehouse to Wheels scheme to achieve full HGV licence and/or attend a Blakemore Logistics People With Potential Day. Successful applicants will attend an ILM Level 2 programme in Leadership and Team Skills and appointed to supervisor role.
SOME OF YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurate assembly of customer orders
- Loading goods onto cages and/or packing goods into crates in a safe, stable and manageable manner
- Accurate input of weighted items
- Accurate marking and storage of assembled orders awaiting despatch