||HGV Class 1 Multi Drop Driver
|Location:||Hastings, Ivy House, The Ridge, Hastings, East Sussex, TN35 4NW|
|Department:||Logistics, Distribution & Warehouse|
|Hours:||40 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Monday to Saturday on Rota Basis, between 3.00am - 6.00am start time |
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Savings Scheme|
||£10.29 per hour|
|Closing date:||February 25, 2018|
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, trade-partners, wholesale, distribution, foodservice, and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 298 SPAR stores and serving 950 in total across England and Wales. The company is also the largest member of the Landmark Wholesale (Cash & Carry) group and a significant supplier to the independent grocery sector across the UK.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
Underpinning everything that A.F. Blakemore does is the company’s values statement, the Blakemore Way. This highlights what A.F. Blakemore stands for and the way that the company has always done and will continue to do business.
- Accurate and efficient delivery of customers’ orders in accordance with company procedures and standards. The planning and control of customer deliveries as required.
- Ensuring that all vehicles driven comply with traffic regulations currently in force
- Adhering to current regulations regarding the number of hours worked and the use of tachographs
- Prompt reporting of refrigeration engine defects to management
- Prompt reporting of all accidents to the company and accidents reportable by law to the police
- Accurate and safe delivery of customers’ orders in accordance with delivery schedules
- Obtaining authorisation to return goods and the accurate checking / collecting of goods to be returned
- Promptly notifying the company of any delays which will affect the completion of the day’s work
- Establishing a friendly and courteous relationship with customers and dealing effectively with queries
Key Job Info:
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
- Role could involve heavy lifting, exposure to temperature extremes and prolonged standing
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes
|Skills and experience:
Education / Qualifications / Licences
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy) is essential
- HGV Licence is essential
- Driver CPC essential and a C + E Licence is desirable
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience
- Demonstrable experience in operation of vehicle/equipment essential
- Warehousing and distribution experience desired
- Knowledge of tacograph regulations and Driver CPC is essential
- Keen and enthusiastic approach to working both in a team and independently
- Knowledge of Standard Hours Scheme is essential
- Ability to produce accurate work within agreed timescales
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to build good working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Ability to complete required legal documentation (run sheets, defect books, pre op checks etc.)
Behaviour / Attitude
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds company values and principles
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Shows a commitment to ongoing personal development and training, always striving to improve