||Food Service Manager (Subway)
|Location:||GRANTHAM, UNIT 1 BRIDGE END GARAGE, BRIDGE END ROAD, GRANTHAM, Lincolnshire, NG31 6JQ|
|Department:||Retail - SPAR Store Management (inc foodservice)|
|Hours:||40 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Various to meet needs of business, incl. evenings and weekends|
|Benefits:||Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
|Closing date:||February 16, 2018|
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, trade-partners, wholesale, distribution, foodservice, and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 298 SPAR stores and serving 950 in total across England and Wales. The company is also the largest member of the Landmark Wholesale (Cash & Carry) group and a significant supplier to the independent grocery sector across the UK.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
Underpinning everything that A.F. Blakemore does is the company’s values statement, the Blakemore Way. This highlights what A.F. Blakemore stands for and the way that the company has always done and will continue to do business.
- To maximise sales and profit of the fresh food operation by managing the continuous improvement of the department and its staff, control of range, costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- To be fully aware of KRA’s and work to deliver and improve them.
- To contribute ideas for driving the department and it’s team forward
- To monitoring competitor activity and propose / deliver appropriate responses
- To develop a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- Staff recruitment, planning and training
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
- Manage and control department costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
Key Job Info:
- Could be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes
|Skills and experience:
Education / Qualifications / Licences
- Good standard of (numeracy and literacy) essential
- Basic food hygiene or higher (must have or be prepared undertake this qualification)
- NVQ level 2-3 in food safety, retail skills, customer care (or similar) is desirable
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to work to deliver and improve them is essential
- Ability to generate ideas for driving the business and its team forward
- Knowledge of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a fresh food operation and the skill to manage those responsibilities is essential
- Some experience of team and business development is preferred
- Previous experience in a customer facing role and at a supervisory/managerial level is desirable
- Commercially focused, capable of delivering results in a cost effective manner
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams
- Ability to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Previous experience in preparing hot and cold foods in a retail or catering environment (or similar) desirable
Behaviour / Attitude
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Ability to deal with conflict in an effective and professional manner
- Flexible approach to working hours
- The desire and skill to interact with colleagues, customers and visitors in line with the company values
- Challenges appropriately and identifies areas for improvement