||Warehouse & Distribution Apprenticeship
|Location:||Willenhall, Longacres Industrial Estate, Rose Hill, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2JP|
|Department:||Apprenticeships & Graduates|
|Hours:||40 Hours Per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Monday - Friday|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Savings Scheme|
||£3.50 per hour|
|Closing date:||March 1, 2018|
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, trade-partners, wholesale, distribution, foodservice, and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 298 SPAR stores and serving 950 in total across England and Wales. The company is also the largest member of the Landmark Wholesale (Cash & Carry) group and a significant supplier to the independent grocery sector across the UK.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
Underpinning everything that A.F. Blakemore does is the company’s values statement, the Blakemore Way. This highlights what A.F. Blakemore stands for and the way that the company has always done and will continue to do business.
The Blakemore Logistics Warehouse & Distribution Apprenticeship Programme is geared around bringing people into the business that not only see a short term objective of seeking a job, but also see themselves as being able to contribute to the on-going success of A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd.
The apprenticeship programme is there to reward people that see Blakemore Logistics as a career opportunity, not just another job, so if you invest in this scheme, the company will in turn invest in you and your future and has the potential to lead into to career paying over £30,000 per year.
You will be working for a national company that still hasn’t forgotten its family roots. A.F. Blakemore will support you to become the best you can be within the organisation and reward you along the way. You will be able to work towards increasing your skills, increasing your earning potential and working in a varied and expansive company that offers no shortage of opportunities to those who wish to succeed.
During the Blakemore Logistics Apprenticeship Programme you will hit set milestones that ensure you are given development points to work towards. These milestones will not only serve to develop your skills and role scope, but they will also serve to enhance your experience of the programme and give you a greater understanding of the varying roles within the overall business.
The key steps:
- 2 weeks - Full induction with on-the-job training
- 12 weeks - Initial role in Warehouse Assembly
- 3 months - Progress into loading after three-months
- 6 months - Providing you are still on track you can then expect a pay increase
- 9 months - Opportunity for fork-lift truck training
- 12 months – Expected to achieve full apprenticeship in Warehouse & Storage Level 2
- 2-years – Opportunity to attend Warehouse & Distribution Warehouse to Wheels scheme to achieve full HGV licence and/or attend a Blakemore Logistics People With Potential Day. Successful applicants will attend an ILM Level 2 programme in Leadership and Team Skills and appointed to supervisor role.
SOME OF YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurate assembly of customer orders
- Loading goods onto cages and/or packing goods into crates in a safe, stable and manageable manner
- Accurate input of weighted items
- Accurate marking and storage of assembled orders awaiting despatch
|Skills and experience:
- GCSE English Grade A*-d
- GCSE Maths Grade A*-d
PERSONAL QUALITIES DESIRED:
- Consistent compliance with policy and procedure (in particular reference to Health & Safety)
- Compliance with company values and relevant level of the competency framework
- Positive approach to covering other roles within the department
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Attention to detail
- Adherence to safe working procedures
- Awareness of ambient, freezer and chilled functions
- NVQ Level 2
- Functional skills in Maths and English (if required)
- Technical Certificate
This is a warehousing environment and candidates must be responsible for wearing and keeping clean Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties as requested by management; however, these will not be unreasonable and will be appropriate to the level of post. Apprentices will work in a warehouse and a chilled environment