||HGV Class 2 Driver
|Location:||Swansea Cash & Carry, Clarion Close, Swansea Enterprise Park, Swansea, West Glamorgan, SA6 8QZ|
|Hours:||40 Hours per Week|
|Shift pattern:||Monday - Friday |
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Savings Scheme|
||£8.95 per hour|
|Closing date:||October 20, 2017|
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, trade-partners, wholesale, distribution, foodservice, and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 298 SPAR stores and serving 950 in total across England and Wales. The company is also the largest member of the Landmark Wholesale (Cash & Carry) group and a significant supplier to the independent grocery sector across the UK.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
Underpinning everything that A.F. Blakemore does is the company’s values statement, the Blakemore Way. This highlights what A.F. Blakemore stands for and the way that the company has always done and will continue to do business.
- Accurate and efficient delivery of customers’ orders in accordance with company procedures and standards
- Ensuring that all vehicles driven comply with traffic regulations currently in force
- Adhering to current regulations regarding the number of hours worked and the use of tachographs
- Prompt reporting of refrigeration engine defects to relevant personnel
- Prompt reporting of all accidents to the company and reportable by law accidents to the police
- Completion of all company and legal documentation according to schedule
- Ensuring the correct loading of vehicles, whilst adhering to load weight and restrictions
- Accurate and safe delivery of customers’ orders in accordance with delivery schedules
- Obtaining authorisation to return goods and the accurate checking / collecting of goods to be returned
- Accurate completion and return of all company documentation
- Promptly notifying the company of any delays which will affect the completion of the day’s work
- Establishing a friendly and courteous relationship with customers and dealing effectively with queries / wants / needs
- Compliance with health and safety responsibilities as defined at Level 4 of the company Health and Safety Policy arrangements
- Loading Stock on and off the vehicle
- Taking payments off customers.
Key Job Info:
- Could be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes
- May have access to company car as part of role and must ensure this is looked after in accordance with company policy
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all
|Skills and experience:
Education / Qualifications / Licences
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience
Demonstrable experience in operation of vehicle/equipment essential
Warehousing and distribution experience desired
Knowledge of tacograph regulations and Driver CPC is essential
Keen and enthusiastic approach to working both in a team and independently
Ability to produce accurate work within agreed timescales
Excellent communication skills and the capacity to build good working relationships with colleagues and customers
Ability to complete required legal documentation (run sheets, defect books, pre op checks etc.)
Behaviour / Attitude
Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds company values and principles
Flexible approach to working hours
Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
Shows a commitment to ongoing personal development and training, always striving to improve