||Greggs at SPAR Team Leader
|Location:||RAUNDS, HIGH STREET, RAUNDS, NORTHANTS, NN9 6HS|
|Hours:||Various hours available, full and part time|
|Shift pattern:||Various to meet needs of business, incl. evenings, weekends and bank holidays|
|Benefits:||Staff Discount, Staff Lottery, Company Pension Scheme, Savings Scheme, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Staff Social Fund, Life Cover, Health Cash Plan, Employee Volunteering opportunities|
|Closing date:||October 20, 2017|
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, trade-partners, wholesale, distribution, foodservice, and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 298 SPAR stores and serving 950 in total across England and Wales. The company is also the largest member of the Landmark Wholesale (Cash & Carry) group and a significant supplier to the independent grocery sector across the UK.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
Underpinning everything that A.F. Blakemore does is the company’s values statement, the Blakemore Way. This highlights what A.F. Blakemore stands for and the way that the company has always done and will continue to do business.
- To maximise sales and profit of the fresh food operation by managing the continuous improvement of the department and its staff, control of range, costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- Staff recruitment, planning and training
- To develop a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- To monitoring competitor activity and propose/deliver appropriate responses
- To contribute ideas from driving the department and its team forward
- To be fully aware of KRA’s and work to deliver and improve them
- To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies
Key Job Info:
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes
|Skills and experience:
Education / Qualifications / Licences
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy)
- NVQ Level 2-3 in Retail Skills, Customer Care or similar is preferred but not essential
- NCPLH (National Certificate for Personal License Holder) is desirable
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role and/or industry is preferred
- Reliably follows instructions and procedures
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skills to assist with those responsibilities
- Ability to contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- An understanding of budgets and targets and the ability to work to deliver and improve them
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy desirable
- Keen and enthusiastic approach to working both in a team and independently
- Previous cash handling experience is preferred but not essential
- Some experience of team and business development is desirable
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams is essential
Behaviour / Attitude
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Shows a commitment to ongoing personal development and training, always striving to improve